Panasonic's MIR series incubators are recognized as exceptional units suitable for a wide range of applications requiring a -10C to +60C environment. The wide variety of temperatures, humidity and lighting patterns that are essential in research, environmental studies and testing can now be accurately reproduced and controlled.
MIR environmental test chambers / refrigerated incubators are ideal in testing applications such as:
- Industrial testing in the electrical, machinery, textiles industries
- Chemical testing e.g., storage, stability, acid/alkali, durability
- Food industry for packaging, quality control and stability
- Testing for waste water, BOD, soil testing
- Microorganism culturing
- Germination experiments
- Programmable with 12 step, 10 program capability.
- Wide temperature range from -10C to +60C with excellent uniformity
- Multi-purpose for a wide range of applications from the food industry to water treatment and microbiology.
Precise Temperature Control For Accurate, Repeatable Conditions
- High precision microprocessor controller combined with a heater P.I.D. and compressor On-Off system.
- Feed Forward function inputs compressor operating conditions beforehand, assuring accurate temperature control of the chamber.
- Wide temperature range settable from -10degC to +60degC with control up to +/-0.1degC.
- Chamber temperature uniformity +/-0.5degC
Energy Saving Operation
- Microprocessor controlled heater and compressor ensure optimum automatic operation according to ambient temperature and fluctuation, resulting in high energy savings
Ultimate Secure, Comprehensive Alarm System
- Samples are consistently monitored and maintained by the Automatic Setting Temperature Alarm which alerts upon any deviation of more than +/-2.5 degrees.
- Independent Over-temperature protection provides additional backup circuit and sensor in the rare case of a temperature abnormality.
- Programmed memory backup allows data to be stored for up to 5 hours after a power source interruption.
- Auto-return mechanism returns temperature to normal indicator.
- Self-diagnosing troubleshooting monitor and key lock are provided.
Modern Design for Exceptional Usability
- HCFC-free foamed-in-place polyurethane is used in the chamber because of its high thermal retention and energy saving properties.
- A Triple-pane Glass Operation Window and Programmable 15W Fluorescent Lamp are provided for easy sample observation during experimentation. When observation is not required, a light shielding plate (MIR-154/254) can be easily attached.
- Adjustable low vibration for sensitive materials testing
- Improved gentle air circulation, which reduces media drying
Intelligent LCD Controller
- Pop up menu display can show current conditions (temperature, date, time- 12 or 24 hour), alarm condition, status of door and light, program setting options and 2 weeks worth of data
- Recorded data can be forwarded to a PC through optional accessory MTR-480
- Easy numeric input with keypad
- Booking of operation start date and hour with delay start timer
- Both clock mode and count down mode can be used for program setting
Ultimate Security and Sample Safety
Automatic Setting Temperature Alarm - When the chamber temperature deviates more than +/-2.5 degrees, the digital indicator will flash. Ten minutes later a buzzer
will sound. This system also automatically allows programmed operation or setting value changes.
Independent Over-temperature Protection Device - An excessive temperature prevention circuit protects experimentation materials in the rare event that a temperature abnormality does occur.
- Isolated from the main circuit, this additional circuit operates even if the temperature sensor or microprocessor malfunction, activating an exclusive lamp and buzzer notification.
- The fail-safe system turns off the heater and chamber fan motor when over temperature is detected (setting temperature range: 15 deg C~65 deg C), and turns off the compressor when under temperature is detected (setting temperature range -15 deg C to 20 deg C).
- Remote alarm contacts are provided for monitoring alarm from a remote location.
Programmed Memory Back-up Mechanism - Should the power source be interrupted due to power failure or other event, programmed data remains stored in memory for approx. 5 hours. When the power source is restored, operation can be continued according to the predetermined program.
Automatic Return Buzzer Switch - After a power failure occurs, the alarm buzzer automatically switches to the ON mode, even if the operator forgets to return the alarm buzzer to the ON mode, thus ensuring safe and secure operation.
Key Lock - A key lock switch is provided so that settings may not be unintentionally altered.
Auto Return Mechanism - This feature automatically returns the chamber temperature to its normal indicator when the control key is not operated for approx. 90 seconds at each setting mode. Thus, normal operation is ensured even if the operator forgets an operational procedure during setting.
Trouble Monitor (Self Diagnostic Function) - Should a malfunction occur, the location of the problem is digitally indicated, allowing quick operator response.
- Key Mounting Plate: MIR-LP
- Lighting addition kit: MIR-LP15
- Light shading plate for glass: MIR-154BP/MIR-254BP
- Chart Recorder: MTR-C958