The Thermo Scientific Drosophila Incubator 3915FL features a 6.5 cu ft interior capacity with Peltier Cooling Technology that is more energy efficient using 75% less power than units that use a compressor. This technology eliminates the need for a refrigerated compressor, consuming less power while reducing laboratory ambient temperatures and air conditioning loads, also excluding the need for heating coils. This incubator uses LED lighting that is specifically used for the rearing of fruit flies and operates within a temperature range that they prefer. Excellent temperature uniformity allows for effective space utilization, basically doubling usable capacity and insuring that all shelf areas are maintained at the proper temperatures as compared to other compressor driven incubators on the market. As a greener product, it uses no refrigerant gases extending the service life with no impact from projected changes for the refrigerants. The heavy duty shelves have a 75 pound capacity eliminating sagging and includes 1 pull out. The 3915FL also includes a programmable Watlow controller, RS 485 Interface, independent over temperature thermostat, over temperature alarm, a 1 Year Manufacturer's Parts and Labor Warranty and a 2nd Year Manufacturer's Parts Warranty.
|Thermo Scientific Drosophila Incubator 3915FL Specifications|
||100 - 120 V|
50 / 60 Hz
||6.5 Cu Ft ( 185 L )|
( Peltier Cooling )
|15 C to 40 C|
||0.1 C Display Increments|
( Unit at 15 C )
|+/- 0.55 C ( at 15 C - 28 C ambient, 50% RH )|
( Unit at 22 C )
|+/- 0.64 C ( at 15 C - 35 C ambient, 50% RH )|
( Unit at 40 C )
|+/- 1.0 C ( at 18 C - 40 C ambient, 50% RH )|
|RS 485 Interface
||75 lbs / 34 kg per shelf|
150 lbs / 68 kg total
1 on Door Switch
2 on Timer
||33.5" H x 31.8" W x 32.2" D|
85.1 cm H x 76.2 cm W x 80.1 cm D
||18.5" H x 25.6" W x 24.1" D|
46.9 cm H x 64.7 cm W x 60.9 cm D
( 118 kg )
( 146 kg )
||1 Year Parts and Labor|
2nd Year Parts Only
Thermo Scientific Drosophila Incubator 3915FL Features:
- Primarily Used for the Growth of Fruit Flies.
- Peltier Cooling Technology - Innovative thermoelectric cooling technology that is energy efficient using 75% less power versus units using a compressor. Excludes the needs for any coils so corrosion from fly secretions is not a concern.
- Mechanical Convection Air Flow System - Ensures even air distribution.
- Programmable Temperature and Light Cycles.
- Excellent Temperature Uniformity - Allows for effective space utilization by insuring all areas are maintained at proper temperatures.
- No Refrigerant Gases Used - Provides a much greener product with long service life and no impact from projected changes for refrigerants.
- Painted Stainless Steel Interiors - Easy to clean and corrosion resistant .
- Access Ports - Provides power for operating stirrers or rotators.
- Programmable Watlow Controller - Allows 40 step ramp and soak profiles or 4 files with 10 steps per file.
- RS 485 Interface.
- Independent Over Temperature Thermostat.
- Over Temperature Alarm.
- Heavy Duty Shelves - Up to a 75 lbs capacity, which eliminates sagging.
- 1 Pull Out Shelf.
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Parts and Labor Warranty, then 2nd Year Manufacturer's Parts Warranty.